SAFETY THROUGH SUPERIOR TECHNIQUE
We are the ONLY CTE prevention program in existence, with 4 years of proven results.We eliminate the helmet as a tool for contact in every phase/technique within our curriculum.
While tackling receives the MOST attention in the concussion dialogue, “pre-tackle contact” is the cause of MOST head impacts in football. Only a small minority of players are involved in a tackle on a given play, but MOST players engage in contact prior to the tackle, particularly “Tackle Box” players: Offensive & Defensive Linemen, Linebackers, Running Backs & Tight Ends. These players are not penalized for using the helmet when blocking or engaging blockers, and the helmet remains the principle tool for initial contact in these capacities.
HEAD IMPACTS BY POSITION
- “Tackle Box” players are at the greatest risk for CTE.
- Pre-tackle helmet contact affects the majority of players on the field.
- CTE is caused by repeated small blows to the head, not necessarily concussions.
- Safe Football is the first & ONLY sustainable solution designed to prevent CTE because we have a proven, accepted methodology to remove the helmet from pre-tackle helmet contact.
WHAT IS CTE
CTE is a progressive degenerative disease found in people who have suffered repetitive brain trauma, including sub-concussive hits to the head that do not cause immediate symptoms.
More on Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) (Courtesy of the Centers for DiseaseControl and Prevention
- A progressive neurodegenerative disease (tauopathy) caused by total brain trauma, and is not limited to athletes who have reported concussions
- The incidence and prevalence is unknown.
- Diagnosed only after death by distinctive immunoreactive stains of the brain for Tau protein, and is not the same disease as Alzheimer’s
- Typical signs and symptoms include a decline of recent memory and executive function, mood and behavioral disturbances (especially depression, impulsivity, aggressiveness, anger, irritability, suicidal behavior and eventual progression to dementia)
- Initial signs and symptoms do not typically manifest until decades after trauma received (ages 40-50).
PLAYERS ARE STILL TAUGHT TO USE THEIR HELMET TO INITIATE CONTACT AT ALL LEVELS
- The youngest CTE victims played in High School
- CTE was found in 97% of players tested
- There is no known cure for CTE
SIGN UP FOR NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS