Coaches Clinics are offered to coaches at the Youth, High School and Collegiate Level
Clinics are conducted onsite at the team/organizations practice facility (unless otherwise specified by organizer)
Safe Football currently offers a 3 level progressive curriculum for coaches clinics. Advanced programs are available upon completion
Level 1: “Principles of Contact”
- Techniques & supporting drills to optimally block, engage blocks, and tackle opponents using the hands & shoulders, not the head.
Level 2: “Contact by Position”
- Application for contact to execute position specific objectives without the helmet.
Level 3: “Situational Contact”
- Techniques & supporting drills to execute position & unit specific objectives (by scheme) without the helmet.
How long are Clinics?
Clinics run 3 hours from start to finish
What does the Clinic include?
A course introduction, featuring video of the NFL’s best players dominating with Safe Football techniques
- Instructor introduction & Coaches Workbook handout
- Clinic overview & curriculum briefing
- Video Presentation
- “B.L.A.S.T. Leverage Principles” Video
- Safe Football Techniques in the NFL
Hands-on demonstrations with Safe Football Instructors and Coaches
- Instruction of Techniques & Progressions
- C.U.F.F. Skill Development Program (Drills)
Practice Plan Optimization
Coaches learn strategies & approaches to maximize Safe Football skill development for their players during team activities both in the off-season and in-season.
- Shape, Sharpen, Polish (Skill Development Integration)
- Dangerous Drills & Alternatives
- Coaches learn to identify & eliminate “high risk drills” that do not correspond to realistic scenarios occurring in game play, along with alternative drills to achieve position or scheme specific objectives.
- S.P.P.A.A.T. Self Coaching Tool
- Perhaps the best tool for both players & coaches to expedite skill development in the interest of improving safety AND performance. Players who know the detailed steps of each Safe Football progression for contact can use this tool to identify the cause of a technique breakdown on their own & correct it without the help of the coach.
- Q & A
SIGN UP FOR NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS